Create the best education programs, incorporated with modern technologies, to empower motivated students to excel.
What We Do
Develop and provide after school education programs for students in elementary, middle and high schools.
Why Choose Us
Our programs significantly improve the learning effectiveness through modern technologies. They enable students to build a solid foundation and advance ahead at the students’ own pace. Our programs empower students to achieve academic success in schools and get into advanced education programs.
Dr. Jiayuan Fang CEO & Founder
- Founded Afficient Academy in August 2014, CEO of Afficient Academy since then
- Vice President of R&D, Cadence Design Systems (July 2012 to July 2014)
- Founded Sigrity in 1994, President of Sigrity (1994 to 2012)
Inventor or co-inventor of seven US patents
- “Silicon Valley Entrepreneur of the Year Award” (2012) by Chinese Institute of Engineers / USA – San Francisco Bay Area Chapter
“Entrepreneur of thef Year Award” (2012) by Tsinghua Entrepreneur and Executive Club (TEEC)
University of Caliornia at Santa Cruz Electrical Engineering Department Associate Professor (1999 – 2002)
- IEEE Region 1 Technical Excellence Award (1998) by Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE)
- Associate Editor for IEEE Transactions on Advanced Packaging (1994-1999)
- State University of New York at Binghamton, Electrical Engineering Department Assistant Professor & Associate Professor (1990 – 1998)
- Young Investigator Award (1993) by The National Science Foundation
Research Initiation Award (1991) by The National Science Foundation
- Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering from University of California at Berkeley (1989)
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering from Tsinghua University in Beijing China (1982)
Dr. Jiayuan Fang
Board of Director
Jiayuan Fang is the founder and has been the CEO of Afficient Academy, Inc. since August 2014. Before that, he served as the Vice President of R&D at Cadence Design Systems for two years, responsible for developing signal integrity & power integrity analysis products for high-speed electronic systems. Prior to joining Cadence, Jiayuan Fang was the founder and President of Sigrity, Inc. which became an industry leading company offering software products for high-speed system solutions for customers in computers, semiconductors, tele- communications, Internet, consumer electronics and other fields. Sigrity, Inc. was acquired by Cadence in 2012.
Jiayuan Fang received Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) Region 1 Technical Excellence Award, National Science Foundation (NSF) Young Investigator Award, Silicon Valley Entrepreneur of the Year Award (by Chinese Institute of Engineers), and Entrepreneur of the Year Award (by Tsinghua Entrepreneur and Executive Club). Jiayuan Fang also served as an Associate Editor for IEEE Transactions on Advanced Packaging (1994-1999).
Jiayuan Fang received his Ph.D. from University of California at Berkeley. From 1990 to 1998, he was an Assistant Professor and then an Associate Professor at the State University of New York at Binghamton. From 1999 to 2002, he was an Associate Professor at the University of California at Santa Cruz.
Board of Director
Weijie Yun is a serial entrepreneur and active investor with extensive experience in starting companies from conceptual stage as well as running growth stage companies. He’s currently serving as a board member for several private companies.
Previously, he was a Senior Advisor at Northern Light Venture Capital. He was the co-founder, President and CEO of Telegent Systems where he led the company to create the mobile TV eco-system around the world.
Prior to Telegent, Weijie co-founded AIP Networks, an optical switching modele company, and SiTEk, a spin-off from BEI Technologies. products for high-speed electronic systems. Weijie was awarded the Northern California Entrepreneur of the Year by Ernst and Young in 2008.
He has been a board member and former Chairman and President of HYSTA. He received his M.S. and Ph.D. degrees in Electrical Engineering from the University of California at Berkeley.